Monday, May 5, 2008

Summary

In summary, while the collaboration with this group of teens had a rough start, it was ultimately a very rewarding experience for all involved. The groups that completed their work were very proud of their accomplishments, and called over friends to show off their animation. Their teacher, Tony Terry was impressed with what they were able to achieve in the short period of time we had, and is planning to show off their work to the school. I grew very fond of the kids, and was very proud of how far they came from the first class period. There are a couple girls in the group that really started to get a grasp on Photoshop, and a few times when I came into the lab, they were applying what they'd learned to their own digital photos just for fun. I'm looking forward to working with them again in June.

In terms of how and when the PSA's will be seen, I'm planning on sending some quicktimes to my contact at the Nokia Theatre in case he wished to run them in May, and the PSA's will be screened on the monitors at Manual Arts High School. When I return, I will also look at what the options are for getting the PSA's aired on t.v., even if it's just on public access...






No comments: